View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #60
TLFisher

Default Toleration of Immorality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
"accusing me and my close co-workers of covering up and tolerating sins,"

The Fermentation of the Present Rebellion page 69

" It has come to our attention recently through several witnesses that gross immorality and some other sins mentioned in 1 Corinthians 5:11 have been committed by your son Philip Lee (who is identified as your Ministry Office) on more than one occasion over a long period of time. This deeply disturbs us. It grieves us even more that you and some of your close co-workers were aware of the situation and yet not only tolerated it but covered it up."

Letter of Disassociation
Above are quotes by Witness Lee and the nine disassociating churches regarding allegations of knowledge, toleration, and cover-up by LSM co-workers over Phillip Lee's misconduct.

Here is a quote from page 24 of Speaking the Truth in Love

"On Saturday afternoon, December 19th Ken Unger and I flew to Irving. I did not relate to him what the sister from the LSM office had just told us. On Monday, December 21st, we made an appointment to see Benson Phillips and Ray Graver in the morning. Having been intimate co-workers with them for many years, and knowing that they were aware of many things, we mentioned the concerns that we had presented to Brother Lee on December 12th, excluding the matter of the misconduct in the LSM office. We wanted especially to let them know how strongly we felt regarding the colossal mistake they had made in promoting and exalting the office and Philip Lee, starting in 1981. They said that they did not feel they had erred much. This really surprised and disappointed us. We tried to impress them how serious this matter was. They invited us out for dinner, and we decided to meet again in the afternoon to continue our fellowship.
Upon coming together we attempted amid protests to mention the matter of the misconduct in the LSM office. They steadfastly refused to hear about it, but we proceeded to speak. Ray Graver then quickly rose and exited the room. Benson (in whose home we were meeting) also rose to register his displeasure. We felt that they had knowledge relevant to the matter and wanted to confer with them about it. Benson admitted that the same sister from the LSM office (mentioned previously) had come to him in Taipei to disclose a related event, but he strongly protested our bringing this matter before them.
"

Based on John Ingalls account, Witness Lee's co-workers were not being falsely accused. These co-workers knew, these co-workers tolerated, and these co-workers covered up misconduct.
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote