View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 07:48 PM   #14
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Pasadena Conference 1988--My Notes of Brother Lee's Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness Lee as quoted by Kyle Yoakum View Post
I invented this term experience Christ, enjoy Christ, exalt Christ. I wrote a hymn. Have you ever read the processed Triune God? The seven-fold Spirit of God? Have you ever heard this? He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit. Have you ever read this? Pray-reading, is there such a hyphenated word? Who invented such a wonderful word? Calling on the Lord-Have you ever heard this? Who taught you this? Lee! That Lee! That old Lee! The all-inclusive Spirit of Christ is the consummation of the processed Triune God. What is this? Who made this sentence? That Lee? Lee made it? Lee has to be famous! Lee must get the credit! And you have to listen to the very God in His oracle spoken by Lee. The deputy authority of God in His oracle. Whoever speaks for God has certain divine authority. I am claiming this for Lee!"
Special thanks to Kyle Yoakum for posting these personal notes. Not surprisingly, they match very closely to what John Ingalls published in Speaking the Truth in Love. I was shocked to the core when word got out about Witness Lee's ranting, raving and unseemly boasting in this meeting. The abject truth really hit me hard. How could a man that I admired and honored so much utter such things? It took me quite a while to admit to myself that this must of been in this man's heart all along. The words of our Lord suddenly landed on me like a ton of bricks..."For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." (Matt 12:34)

Like so many others, the spell of Witness Lee had been broken. I still resisted and still hung on for a number of years, mostly for my close relatives who would not, or could not, see the truth right before us. It was too painful, and it was too costly to see the truth. To this very day, for many dear brothers and sisters in the Local Churches, it is still too painful, and it is still too costly. And the simple truth is that it is not getting any less painful. It is not getting any less costly. May God have mercy.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote