View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
OBW

Default Re: Rosemead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Several quick observations:

1. Why does "critical" become "rebelling"? If you read this letter it seems that if you disagree with WL you are "rebelling". It seems there is no room for anyone to disagree, to be critical or even to lead their local church as they see fit. It is one thing for a ministry to present a particular way for the gospel to go forth, it is another for that ministry to portray anyone who is critical or decided not to receive this way as "rebelling".

2. Surely Rosemead has as much right as anyone to excommunicate a brother. Citing the autonomy of the Church in Rosemead as the basis for this does seem like a valid reason for excommunication. The first paragraph by WL which likens being critical to being rebellious seems like proof of the allegation.

3. "they labeled my ministry as "the ministry" of another extra-local individual". This is true. How could WL have an issue with this?

4. "which has been nothing but dreams, human ideas, reports, numbers, statistics, propaganda, and lies." Even the most cautious estimate of the impact that door knocking would have would have to be characterized today as "nothing but dreams, human ideas, reports, numbers, statistics, propaganda, and lies".

4. "Among them I was condemned as a pope, and some of them said that they received much help from me in life but that they would not be in the "system" of Witness Lee." First, WL uses the word "condemned" but I wonder if "characterized" would be more accurate. It seems to me that time has proven this to be true with the teaching of the MOTA and what the BB's have done. Kudo's to the church in Rosemead for taking such a stand so early on.
You are completely correct. That is why reading these words, taken in this case from an account in Rosemead, and in the earlier post from Bill Mallons' letter, creates for me a mockery of everything that the LRC ever claimed to be for.

I cannot pretend to accept that the LRC's doctrinal and practical statements represent a reasonable understanding of the scripture that they use to support them.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote