View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #76
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: LordsRecovery.Org Exposing the Christian Cult of Witness Lee's Local Ch

Thanks for the article Sons to Glory! Unlike Witness Lee, this fellow actually lays out some scriptural references to back up his interpretations. Not sure how good a job he did, but at least he didn't just declare "This is what this means because I said so!".

Ok Raptor and Ohio, since I'm such a nice guy, I'll widen the playing field for you. Witness Lee claimed that he was "recovering" so many of the original teachings and practices of the New Testament. One of them was "calling on the Lord"...and not just any ole calling on the Lord...it was the recovery of verbalizing "Oh Lord Jesus". The louder the better. The more times the better.

Can you please point us to where any Christians have practiced this particular brand of calling on the Lord...verbalizing "Oh Lord Jesus"? You have about 2,000 years to sort through. Pick a year. Pick an era. Pick a place. Surely if this is a "recovered" practice then surely some other Christians have practiced this type of calling on the Lord by verbalizing "Oh Lord Jesus". And please spare us all the histrionics and false indignation. Simply point to a verse or verses or any written record of Christians practicing calling "Oh Lord Jesus" throughout history.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote